Bump and grind

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Family History






Cindy, Mom and I went on an adventure this summer, to Neebish Island. We poked around some and found the grave site of an ancestor. On the side of a road, inside some Lilac bushes. We talked about stuff GrandMa had said. And Mom got the idea to put a book together. Another lady had put some together, Another branch of the same family line, and some from a book by another author.



And she put this together.
She has done this before with other parts of the family line, and some dead ends much sooner.
This goes way back and gives a little insight to how folks got here from there.



This also has some old photos and personal stories of several folks that came before.



It was a good day out, and we all learned some. But Mom was inspired to go a bit farther, so we all have this book and a more complete history of the family.



The whole book has more photos than I am going to post here. All the begets and begats, charts following back to the 1600s.
I enjoy the history, and I think she had fun doing it.

2 Comments:

  • hy im anthony trombley peter trombley is my great great grandfather john trombley is my great grandfather cliford trombley is my grndfather . i have the trombley/tremblay line back to france but i dont know much about them , i would real love to know more about them if you can please email me at artdavesauto@yahoo.com , p/s i have been to neebish and seen the house befor it was torndoun and peter's grave thank you

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:14 PM  

  • Thanks so much for putting this blog together. I was forward the information from another Trombley descendant. I've been putting together my own family tree on Ancestry.com
    My great grandmother is Julia Trombley Bergeron. Her daughter Carrie Bergeron Giambalvo is my maternal grandmother.
    I understand that there is family records being put together by a "historical" society for Bruce Township, MI. I've contacted on of the persons by phone and she let me know that Jo Osmar... I believe your mother is still living. Jo was writting letters to my great Aunt Leona Bergeron Keating... (my grandmother's sister.) Leona has passed in 2002 at the age of 104. Her daughter Joan McCarthy has loaned me a couple of letters that Jo wrote to Leona. I've started a family history from my mother Rosemary Giambalvo Pooler to her mother, Carrie Bergeron Giambalvo to Julia Trombley Bergeron to Pierre & Amelie Trombley....

    I love to find a lot of hunches about the railroad and Kansas is no longer hunches. They are now verified facts!!!!! Please contact me .. I would love to know more about Neebish Island. I don't know if I'll ever be able to see the place I imagine in my mind. tmarek4@sbcglobal.net

    By Anonymous tmarek, at 2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home