Bump and grind

Saturday, August 08, 2009

Update: Background Check

OK,, I have an update.

And after giving this some thought,(and some prayer),
I am going to do something I did not want to do. I am going to report this.
I am not fond of most of the Government Agencies, But that is what I am left with.


After I posted the background check, And after some more E-mail , I got a surprise.
They found the Original Background Check. Ok,, Late , But it is nice to have.
And it's interesting.
I have also done some reading while all this has been going on. There are a few things that that bother me about this.I have been honest in my dealings with every one involved with this. Even remaining polite, when being put off on this for months. This has been annoying.

And this is for an unskilled labor, low wage job. That makes it twice as annoying,

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/business/credit/bus08.shtm

I guess I'll go to the official source on this. I did quite a bit of reading, and some discussing this online. But this is pretty plain.

Non-compliance

There are legal consequences for employers who fail to get an applicant’s permission before requesting a consumer report or who fail to provide pre-adverse action disclosures and adverse action notices to unsuccessful job applicants. The FCRA allows individuals to sue employers for damages in federal court. A person who successfully sues is entitled to recover court costs and reasonable legal fees. The law also allows individuals to seek punitive damages for deliberate violations. In addition, the Federal Trade Commission, other federal agencies, and the states may sue employers for noncompliance and obtain civil penalties.


Now it seems to me that there was some Kind of laws broken here,
And it wasn't me.
I suppose I could "get a lawyer and sue".
What good would that do me, even if I could afford one, ,I have never seen a lawyer do me any good.It would be just throwing money away.Even when I had a little money , I didn't like doing that.
So I'm stuck
The only thing I can DO about it is to say "I do not like this."

I am going to post the Copy that they sent me , The one I should have been able to see before an adverse decision was made.The one that should have been in my hand (at least) when I picked up my one day paycheck. I did ask for it, Over and over again. For over 4 months now.



It was suddenly found.
after I sent this E-mail to Craig,
Hello Sir

Sorry for the bother, But I have still not gotten the Background Check that was done in March.
I remember signing an authorization for that Background Check.

I would also like to know who authorized the second Background Check. I did not. That is not the one that I requested, and is NOT the one done in March.
I have posted it on my Blog.
http://pcosmar.blogspot.com/2009/08/employment-woes.html
You can see for yourself that this report was requested on 7/21/09. It is also woefully inaccurate, and contains less information than I had included on my Employment Application.

So my Question is, Will I ever get the original report that was done back in March?

Waiting a reply.
Peter Osmar

This was prepared by the same company, They both have incorrect information. And Missing information, Information That I had disclosed on my application and that was known to the people that I would be working with. They know me.
I have never been anything but honest with all these folks. I don't know what else to do.
I am just going to report it. I hate to do that.

I am still trying to compose A response to this,I Have the "report claim" email and the links.
The Federal Trade commission, and The Attorney General office. I have no idea if any good will come of it.

I will drop them a line. I will be polite.
But I am annoyed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home