Bump and grind

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Things have not gone well.



The year started off with a lot of promise. A new home, money in the bank, and a lot of possible options. I had hoped that the whole family would see the many possibilities, and jump in to make the farm work. Well, no such luck. After spending several thousand dollars, and considerable time and effort, new bedroom furniture, internet,phone, and satellite TV in each room. Warm clothes and boots, and all necessities. NO HELP. Oh yeah, Donald did shovel some snow once, and Lisa kicked in a few bucks for gas, when she was working.
Donald left when we got on him about drinking a case a day. We paid his way back to Key West. He was going to make a lot of money and then come back. So far we have shipped stuff to him, and paid several hundred in cell phone charges. He parties away every penny he gets.
Lisa decides to move into the trailer( I was going to use it as a guest house) and has to have it fixed up. NOW! She has to get moved in and claim it as her own before Donald moves back. So I start working on it. The furnace has to be replaced, new water heater, plumbing and electrical repairs. A couple thousand dollars, and some labor. We can make it livable. Except I am not getting it done fast enough.
OK, this is where it gets good. Carol is upset that I am spending to much time on the trailer. Lisa is insisting that I get it all done right now. An argument ensues. Lisa is drunk,(quart of rum+medications) Carol is pissed, Lisa is hysterical,and goes off on me. I walk into my field and get drunk(the first whiskey I drank in 15 years).Lisa calls the police after I told her she could get out. I am getting very drunk, in my own field, on my own land. Very disgusted and by myself.
I am arrested. I am taken to jail. I am charged with Domestic Violence (didn't happen, I was assaulted) and possession of a firearm by a felon.( my wife's shotgun).I have a past history,many years ago, I thought I was past it.
It has taken the last of the savings to fight this,and I just pled guilty to attempted possession of a Firearm. The best I could do. I am sentenced to six months, But am doing it on a tether.(Electronic Monitor) at home. House arrest. Carol has gotten a job at Walmart, but I have not found anything yet.
I am trying to remain optimistic, and see what happens next, but this has not been a good year.

7 Comments:

  • Shit man. I am sorry. You don't know me, I just happened across your blog. It's hard. Take care. Take it easy. Do what you can.

    By Blogger Mr Lucky Doubles, at 11:21 PM  

  • Sorry to hear of your troubles good sir.

    The system is very screwed. Sorry you had to pay the price.

    Good Luck!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:17 AM  

  • Sorry man. I have a similar story, except instead of a past criminal incident, I had 21 yrs of honorable military service, a long history of civic volunteer service, and lots of character witnesses. Still did not help. Once these "outlaws with badges" decide to "get you", you're got. This country is approaching another revolution with the same reasons as the first in 1776. It can't last another 20 yrs before the public gets fed up enough to overthrow the tyrants.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:31 AM  

  • My thoughts are with you. I wish you all of the best, man.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:58 PM  

  • What a terrible story. I have always thought the cops were the good guys, and will continue to do so, except for some rogues.
    In your case, I would leave the wife and those spoiled brat kids of yours, and start anew back on the wagon.
    They didn't get that way without some enabling by you. Time for a fresh look at your contributions to an out of control family. You deserve more respect.
    That's my opinion, from what you said.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:09 PM  

  • Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. :( Hope things turn for the better ASAP.
    Regards,
    HB34(of RPFs infamy)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:23 PM  

  • Hey, dealing with lawwyers and the courts can be a task that can make you feel you are being taken for a ride. Here's a link you might find very helpful. It is a site that can teach you how to beat the people you're fighting in court. In other words, you will learn how to win your case in court without needing to depend on a lawyer who's only interest is themself.
    http://www.jurisdictionary.com/?REFERCODE=KM0002 Just copy and paste it into the address bar to see if may be the answer you're looking for. Best wishes.

    By Blogger doughplow, at 6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home